A gun license has been issued to suspended BJP leader Nupur Sharma. She had applied for an arms license citing the threat to her life. After the controversial statement about the Prophet Mohammad, she was constantly receiving death threats. In fact, during a TV debate on May 26, 2022, Nupur Sharma gave a controversial statement regarding the Prophet Mohammad, which led to violent demonstrations at various places and demanded the arrest of Nupur Sharma. Along with this, there was a threat of beheading.
Not only this, those who supported Nupur Sharma’s statement were also being threatened with beheading. Umesh Kolhe was strangled to death in Amravati. Kanhaiyalal was beheaded before entering the shop in Udaipur. Along with this, many other people were also threatened with beheading. Slogans of ‘Sar Tan se Juda’ were raised in the demonstrations. Thus, Nupur Sharma was given a gun license after continuous threats. More than 10 cases have been registered against her in 8 states but the Supreme Court has transferred all the cases to Delhi.
Timeline of Nupur Sharma Prophet Case controversy so far:
- Gave a controversial statement about the Prophet Mohammad in a TV debate on 26 May 2022
- On May 29, 2022, a case was registered in Kanpur for inciting religious sentiments.
- Another case was registered against Nupur in Mumbai on 30 May 2022.
- Violent demonstrations took place in Kanpur on 3 June 2022. The president was visiting Kanpur on that day.
- 4 June 2022 Many Muslim countries protested against Nupur Sharma’s statement
- On 5 June 2022, the BJP suspended Nupur from the party, and Nupur also apologized by posting on social media.
- Violent demonstrations took place in many cities after Friday prayers on 10 June 2022
- 21 June 2022 Umesh Kolhe was strangled to death in Amravati for supporting Nupur’s statement
- 28 June 2022 Two killers beheaded Kanhaiyalal after entering a shop in Udaipur.
- On July 1, 2022, Nupur was reprimanded by the Supreme Court on this matter.
- On July 19, 2022, the Supreme Court banned Nupur’s arrest. The case was also transferred from all 8 states to Delhi.
- Now a gun license has been issued to Nupur Sharma. So that she can protect her life
Nupur Sharma gave a controversial statement in a TV debate in June 2022 about Prophet Muhammad and his third wife, Ayesha. There was a lot of controversy regarding this as well. Violence also took place in many states of the country regarding Nupur’s statement. Not only this, many Muslim countries have condemned this statement. After this, the BJP suspended her. However, Nupur apologized after the controversy escalated. On the other hand, cases have also been registered against Nupur Sharma in many states for inciting religious sentiments. Tailor Kanhaiyal in Udaipur, Rajasthan and chemist Umesh Kolhe in Pune were also murdered for posting in support of Nupur Sharma. Giving great relief to Nupur Sharma, the Supreme Court has stayed her arrest. Along with this, the cases filed against her across the country have also been transferred to one place.